Thursday, March 4, 2010

Pistons - Knicks recap from MSG

My Recap:

Left town @ 1:30, arrived in the city at around 5:00. We drove through the Bronx and stopped at Yankee Stadium... took some pictures of the new Yankee stadium and old one. Pretty amazing that such a palace of sports entertainment can be located in the middle of an absolute shit hole.

Got to the arena at around 6:30. Got up to my nosebleed seats and watched a couple of the guys on the Pistons (Hamilton, Villanueva, Gordon) and Knicks (David Lee, some other unnamed guy - Wilson Chandler?) shoot. With so much security and ushers around I didn't even attempt to go to the lower bowl and try and get an autograph/picture. That sucked, but I didn't see Stuckey before both teams came out in their warmups anyway, so I'm not overly disappointed. Stuckey seemed pretty loose during the warmups... laughing, pretending to box a few of the camera people on the floor. Rodney looked good on his jumpers and three pointers, missing a few. Stuck then worked with his trainer... his trainer stretching his legs and rubbing down his upper thighs and ass cheeks. I thought to myself, I wish that was me down there... (nohomo)

The Game

The Pistons fell behind by a lot early... bricking jumpers left and right. Stuckey got the Pistons back in the game with some strong drives to the rim, a nice baseline jumper and some free throws (no I didn't chant "MVP" during his free throws. lol). Stuckey hit Prince with a couple nice feeds for alley-oops as well. Prince had an okay game. Besides Stuckey, Jerebko was the only other Piston to play really well. McGrady looked like vintage T-Mac... driving to the hole, drawing fouls and knocking down tough contested jumpers.

The game was lost midway through the 3rd quarter, when the refs decided to take the Pistons completely out of the game by calling 3 fucking fouls on Stuckey within the span of about 3 minutes. Stuckey had to come out at around the 5:00 minute mark, and when he came back in with about 6:00 minutes left in the 4th, a 7 point deficit ballooned to 21 points. Overall, the team played lethargic and without any consistent energy. They scored more than enough points to win, but I've never seen a more pathetic effort on defense. Just constantly allowed guys to beat them off the dribble and get easy layups and dunks. Celtics castoff Bill Walker killed the Pistons... a couple of his dunks really got the crowd up on it's feet.

The game was pretty competitive through three quarters, but the Pistons completely collapsed in the fourth quarter like they have so often this year. The game was pretty fun otherwise... lot of Piston fans in attendance, including two Piston fan girls that were sitting right in front of me. They were pretty fucking wasted by the fourth quarter. LOL

I'll post some pics later on when I load them onto my computer.

1 comment:

  1. LOL Bill Walker dominated the pistons.. hes D League garbage

    ReplyDelete